7. FTP, SFTP, FTPS or FTPES Connection
This section describes how to setup FTP connection to be able to upload and preview images using Store Manager for PrestaShop.
FTP connection is not required, you may skip it. FTP is used for images - downloading and uploading images for products, categories and manufacturers. If there is no valid FTP connection specified, you will not be able to view images and upload them to your server. You will also need the correct FTP connection when using the "Point of Sale" function of Store Manager.
See an example of properly configured FTP below:
- "Server address" - IP address or domain name of FTP server. Do not use any prefixes or suffixes there, just simple name or IP. For example, if your online store site has web address: http://www.onlinestore.com/, you should specify only this path: onlinestore.com; or if your store is placed on this link: www.mystore.com/ - use this path: mystore.com etc.
- FTP "User name (login)" / FTP "Password" - specify login information. If you do not know your access details, contact your Hosting Company and request details.
- "Use passive mode". It is recommended to select this chech-box.
If you get the following error message after pressing [Test Connection] button:
make sure you have specified the correct store root folder - the folder with the administrative folders, image folders and other files and folders of your shopping cart inside.
- "Max FTP threads" - the number of threads allowed. Can be used if your Hosting Company has any limitations on the number of threads.
- "Cache images" has to be enabled to cache images downloaded to Store Manager.
- "Clear image cache" - clear local images cache.
Note: FTP account (settings - login/password) used for images management must have rights to read/write appropriate directories otherwise FTP feature may not work properly.
Note: Difference between FTP and SFTP is in using passive mode and different port number for both of them.
Starting with version 184.108.40.2069 of Store Manager for PrestaShop, in the case using the FTPS or FTPES protocol, check the appropriate checkbox in the top and get the additional field - SSL version.
Choose "Auto" position and the program will indicate version automatically; or you can specify the specific protocol version by choosing it from the drop-down list:
Click [Test Connection] button to verify whether all settings you have specified are correct. If everything is correct, you should see "FTP was connected successfully!" message.