2. Products Management
fmProducts fmClearProductData fmImageEdit - Products and Attributes Sections.
Product Management with Store Manager for PrestaShop is very simple. You have all tools necessary for adding PrestaShop products and you have no limitations of the number of PrestaShop products, categories and subcategories. The following topics are covered:
Store Manager for PrestaShop allows you to specify products names, add new products, add new product images, remove unwanted ones and adjust the products options. You can preview and manage your all PrestaShop products' information at the Products Section, change Images at PrestaShop Product Images Section and deal with options using the PrestaShop Product options Section.
To perform the basic operations like add, edit, delete products you can use PrestaShop Products toolbar.
Or use any Prestashop Product's Context menu
You can perform such basic operations as:
- Refresh data forces product list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
- Add new product calls blank Edit Product form, which is used to create a new product. "Edit Product" dialog pages are described below.
- To edit product you can double click on it or use "Edit product" button. It calls Edit Product form for product you've selected . Please see below for options.
- You can Clear some Product Data
or Delete Selected Product from your store
. You won't be able to undo delete from store option, unless you've made a database backup.
5. You can use Mass Product Changer option to modify some options for several products at once. See Mass Product Changer option here.
6. Selecting the necessary products in the product grid, you can easily create an order with them - use the right mouse clicking, where you can find the appropriate option - 'Create Order with Selected Product(s)' - after
pressing it, you will go to the POS sector of Store Manager.
In the Products top toolbar (or by using the context menu) you can find an option ‘Addons’ with the appropriate actions listed in the drop-down menu (see the illustration below):
- in the top toolbar:
- from the context menu:
It serves to transfer the selected products directly from the Products page to the appropriate addon submitted in a list.
Take a note, some of the actions can be scheduled and run automatically.
Automated Addon Actions
To launch the Scheduler go to the 'Show Scheduled Tasks' of the Addons sector in Store Manager. Press the button for new task creation:
In the form which appears specify the task name and choose the type of the task:
As you can see, the operations related to the Amazon, eBay and QuickBooks Integration Addons can be used in scheduling, i.e.:
- Amazon Integration Addon operations:
- export products;
2) eBay Integration Addon operations:
- export products;
3) QuickBooks Integration operations:
- export products to QB;
- export customers to QB;
- export orders to QB;
- import products from QB
So you need to select one from a list and indicate the time and date of its performance.
Scheduled tasks and their description available in the relevant section of Store Manager:
Product Attributes Section
This section allows you to View, Assign, Edit and Delete images.
Features tab allows you to manage PrestaShop product features.
For more details about PrestaShop Product Features Click here
Main Product Properties
At the bottom of the product page, you can find a tab with the basic details of the selected product - 'Main Product Properties'.
Here you can see the data on:
- product_id, product status and name, reference, product condition (new, used or refurbished), official manufacturer and supplier etc.
In the options section where you can find the main product data, you can find the following fields:
- available for order - heck 'yes' or 'no' variants if you want the selected product will be available for purchasing at your store
- show price - if you do not want to show the product price you can easy choose the appropriate variant in that field
- online only (not sold in store) - If you have products (e.g. downloadable or virtual) which because of their specificity can not sell at the store, but only in the online mode - check the relevant conditions in this field.
Price section in the Main Product properties tab contains data on product price and taxes.
Quantity - the minimum available quantity of selected product.
Shipping section contains the parameters of product packaging, and additional shipping cost value with possible indexation, the date, when this product was added to the product list and the last update of the product.
You can also find the following tabs in the 'Main Product Properties' section:
1) short description - provides a brief description of the product and its main characteristics;
2) description - shows more deployed product description with detailed elaboration of its characteristics
3) availibility and SEO - presents a set of techniques and best practices aimed at improving searching and displaying the desired website (online store) in search engines and consists with the following fields:
The Product Management is clearly shown in the following video material:
Please, check here related articles on PrestaShop Store Manger: