1. Export Virtual Products
If you have virtual products at your store, now you can export them to a separate file with the appropriate option of Store Manager.
Select products you want to export and launch import/export wizard by pressing the corresponding button in the Product's Page toolbar:
1. Select one of two actions below (in this case - 'Export') and move to the next step.
2. You should specify a file, in which you want to export products, manually or select it via the browser button.
If you want to dump products to a file on FTP server, enter the correct data for your FTP connection.
Your previously saved export configuration can download in the appropriate field of this window.
Clicking 'Next' button you move to the following step of the export process.
3. Depending on the selected action, you can export:
- all of the products from your store;
- the products from the chosen category(ies);
- using the filter, choose the products you want to export in any order.
Take into account the lower checkboxes which can be marked:
1) 'export full category path' helps to transfer products to a file, considering the full categories path
2) 'export patent details' - allows exporting the parent product details, if any, in specific prices, combinations, etc.
4. Selection of delimiters is the important step of the export procedure. You should remember, that the wrong choice of the separator leads to the incorrect export of the data.
This, in turn, will cause that currently exported file can not be used for further importing.
Images tab - default images path is the exact location to save image files. Use the appropriate checkbox to save images assigned to the products which are exporting with the full URL path - such path is formed based on the
store URL and image names.
To upload images to the appropriate local directory - check the next field and specify the path on your computer. You can use the browse button to find the necessary location.
Please take into account, if you checked this condition it significantly slows down the export process.
Take a note, depending on which separator you have specified in the next field - images will be separated from each other in a file (see an illustration below):
5. In this step please select fields, that should be exported. To do this, choose the field on the left side of the window and drag to the right side or use the corresponding arrow button between the panels (see image below).
Link necessary fields related to the Virtual Products data. Scroll down the list of all products fields and choose the required positions. Use the arrow tool - to move these fields from the left to the right pane.
Use the built-in list of fields groups to transfer certain data to the right at once. Just click the 'Add Group of Fields' top button and select the required data-set. (see an illustration below).
In addition, you are able to export details of the virtual products - use the middle toolbar to move the required data to the right and 'Preview' button to check if all necessary details will be exported.
An arrow #2 helps to reverse your previous choice.
If you want to export all the fields from the export list, just click such arrow (3) as in the picture below:
To customize data press 'Add Expression Field' and type some expressions in the 'Expression Editor' form. Check your expressions, clicking on the 'Execute Expression' button in this form and 'OK' button to exit the editor.
When you press "Export" button the export of virtual products will start.
6.. You can save all export configuration to a file - click 'Save Export Settings' button on the last step of the process.
If you click
button, your current settings will be saved directly in the wizard, and the next time you can use them from the drop down list configuration.
Select an action after export:
- open a file with exported data;
- open directory, where the current file is located;