3.4.1. Export Virtual Products
If you have virtual products at your store, you can export them to a separate file.
Select products you want to export and launch import/export wizard by pressing the corresponding button in the Product's Page toolbar:
1. Select one of two actions below (in this case - [Export]) and move to the next step.
2. You should select a file, in which you want to export products, manually or select it via the [Browse] button.
If you want to dump products to a file on FTP server, enter correct data for your FTP connection.
Your can download previously saved export configuration clicking [Load Settings] button t the bottom of this window.
[Next] button leads to the following step of the export process.
3. Depending on the selected action, you can export:
All products from your store
Products from the chosen category(ies)
Products selected with a filter, in any order.
Take into account, the checkboxes which can be selected:
"Export full category path" helps to transfer products to a file, considering the full categories path.
"Export parent details" allows exporting parent product details, if any, in specific prices, combinations, etc.
4. Selection of delimiters is an important step of the export procedure. You should remember that the wrong choice of the separator leads to an incorrect export of the data.
This, in turn, will cause currently exported file not been used for further importing.
"Images" tab - default images path is the exact location to save image files. Use the proper checkbox to save images assigned to products, which are exporting with the full URL path, This path is formed based on the store URL and image names.
To upload images to the local directory - check the next field and specify the path on your computer. You can use the browse button to find location.
Please take into account, if you selected this option, it significantly slows down the export process.
Take a note, depending on which separator you have specified in the next field, images will be separated from each other in a file (see an illustration below):
5. In this step please select fields that should be exported. To do this, choose the field on the left side of the window and drag to the right side, or use the corresponding arrow button between the panels (see image below).
Link necessary fields related to the Virtual Products data. Scroll down the list of all products fields and choose the required positions. Use the arrow tool to move these fields from the left to the right pane.
Use the built-in list of fields groups to transfer certain data to the right at once. Just click the [Add Group of Fields] top button and select required data-set (see an illustration below).
In addition, you are able to export details of the virtual products - use the middle toolbar to move required data to the right and [Preview] button to check all necessary details for export.
An arrow #2 helps to reverse your previous choice.
If you want to export all the fields from the export list, click an arrow shown in the picture below:
To customize data press [Add Expression Field] and type some expressions in the "Expression Editor" form. Check your expressions, clicking on the [Execute Expression] button in this form and [OK] button to exit the editor.
When you press [Export] button the export of virtual products will start.
6. You can save all export configuration to a file - click [Save Export Settings] button on the last step of the process.
If you click this button, your current settings will be saved directly in the wizard. Next time you will see them in the drop-down list configyration.
Select an action after export:
Open a file with exported data
Open directory where the current file is located
close the wizard and continue working in Store Manager.