2. Import Virtual Products
If you want to import virtual products from a separate file and create them at your store please press on the Product Page 'Import/Export Products' button, which will launch a wizard window.
1. Store Manager for Prestashop allows you to import products from files of various formats, such as: csv, xml, xls, xlsx, ods, txt and xml. Select 'Import ' action from the first window of the wizard.
2. Choose file to import, using browser button or type it manually in the appropriate field.
To simplify the settings while importing, you can use a previously saved file of the import configuration. To do this, click the button 'Load Settings' or choose necessary saved the configuration from the drop-down list.
Choose the necessary source for import procedure:
- if you select a file from your local disk, it must be openable and readable;
- if you choose one from HTTP URL - it should open in your web-browser;
- if you want to use a file from FTP URL - you must have the acceptable settings of FTP connection.
3. In the following step of import, the procedure requires selecting delimiters, that will separate values and fields between data. You can choose from three proposed variants: comma (.), semicolon (;) and tab (<tab>).
But remember, if you choose the wrong delimiter then the data will be incorrectly processed and imported. You can leave this options without changes and click 'Next' to proceed.
In that case, if you have to import the images or downloadable files you should check the appropriate fields in the bottom of the window. The basic condition for this is the presence of the correct FTP settings
to enter the path to these files. For easy selection, you can use the browser button and incrementally select the folder with the necessary data.
Depending on which delimiter you choose the table of data below will become in different forms.
Choose the most acceptable separator and click 'Next' to continue.
4. 'Base Formats and Separators' window allows setting date and time formats. In most cases, you may leave these configurations without any changes or use for this button 'Set Default' and click 'Next' to proceed.
5. In this window, you have the ability to customize fields of data to import. The data from importing file are linked to the corresponding fields of your database. Select a necessary field on the left and double-click column
to the right to assign it to this field.
'Identify products by' - this is an important step that consists in the fact as import will search products using the selected authentication method.
'Identify combinations by' - if you have combinations of data to be imported, you should notice required method depending on the available combinations. You can choose one of the five options
on their own or select the recommended one or just skip it, checking the 'Skip combination import' variant.
You can select manually one of the five proposed variants, choose the recommended one or just skip it, checking the 'Skip combination import' variant.
For more extended display data in the certain fields or to summarize values in this fields (for example calculation of product price, available quantity etc) you can use the expression editor.
In the Expression column opposite the selected database field in the left pane press 'Editor' button to call 'Expression Editor' form. To verify the correctness of entered expressions using the
'Execute Expression' button or press F9 key.
You have to assign fields required for import identification. If you do not specify all necessary fields, when you click 'Next' button the following message will appear:
Provided that columns from the file to import are identical to the fields of your store database, you can use the option 'Auto Fill' in the bottom of the window.
'Clear' button enables you to clean columns of CSV file on the left side.
If you have done all operations click ‘Next’ button.
6. In 'Preview Import Data' window is the penultimate step towards import, where you can see the data fields. Some of the fields can be blank, this means that you have not assigned
the appropriate column of the file that is importing or it is empty in the original file. Columns that are not linked will not be imported while empty values are overwriting the existing one.
You can see the errors, clicking the appropriate button of this window.
7. Selection options on this page can influence the outcome of the import process. Select the fields you want cautiously.
In Category Option section you can specify the name of the category in which these products will be imported. If you ignore this option and notice the field below, the products will be listed
in the most acceptable category of your store.
Pressing 'Import' button you launch the import process. You can save all import configuration to a separate .сfg file there - just click 'Save Import Settings' or use button and save it in the wizard.
8. The last window of the import displays the outcome of the import process: the number of products that are added to the database, the total number of imported products, the number of categories in
the database, etc., and the presence or absence of errors during the import.