3.1. Basic Operations: Add/Edit/Delete
To add a new product via Store Manager for PrestaShop, click the + icon on the toolbar or [Add Product] on the context menu.
To edit existing product, select it and click the edit icon on the toolbar or [Edit Product] on the context menu.
After both actions, the "Edit Product" form opens.
The form has several tabs, they are described below.
The "Product Info" tab contains general information. If you create a new product, pay attention to the required fields (marked with an asterisk(*).
The others may be left blank or with default values.
The Product Info tab consists has two sections:
"Product" - name, reference, status, parameters (weight, height, etc.) and others.
"Price" - price value with and without taxes.
Disable it if you wish to prevent this product from being displayed.
Write it the way you want it to appear in the store.
European Article Number or EAN is European standard for barcode.
Universal Product Code or UPC is a barcode consisting of 12 characters and widely used in Canada, United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, Europe and other countries for identification and monitoring of trade items in shops.
Please note, fields with EAN and UPC codes should be only numeric - no letters are accepted. In these cases you will receive the following message:
"Reference" and "Supplier Reference"
Product code and suppliers marking code.
"Manufacturer" and "Supplier"
Select relevant position from drop-down list. To create new, please go to Manufacturers or Suppliers Section.
If you only know the retail price, but not the pre-tax price, simply fill in the Retail price with tax field and the Pre-tax retail price will be calculated automatically using the tax displayed in the Tax drop-down list.
You can plan a reduced price for a specific period of time, e.g., -15% for a one-week period.
Note, from the updated released version of Store Manager (2.27.0 (Build:1544)) in the "Edit Product Form" you are able to configure a separate product visibility. Uncheck the "Status" field and you will see the redirect conditions for the relevant product position.
Let's look at each one of them:
1. "301: Redirect permanently". This means that current product will be unavailable on the Front-End on a regular basis. When you are press the option "View Product page" in context menu of Store Manager it is automatically redirected to the page of another one, selected on the "Related product" field.
2. "302: Redirect temporarily" - allows to configure product availability on the store Product page with redirection to the other one position temporarily.
3. "404: No redirect" means that selected position makes product disable on the Product page without any redirection.
This tab is devoted to the quantitative values of the product. You can specify the amount of product availability, put a tick in the proper fields and thus allow or deny sale of this product when it is out of stock.
If you create models of this PrestaShop product using Attributes, put 1 in the Quantity field.
At the bottom of the tab window there is a section "Availability Settings":
- "Minimum quantity" - the number of products that can be purchased by a customer. Let's assume, you set 3 as the minimum units. If a customer wants to make a purchase and click on the option "Add to cart" at your store marketplace - the minimum quantity (i.e. 3 units) will be added to his cart automatically.
- "In-stock text" - displays the text when the product becomes available. You can create specific message about product availability. It will be displayed on the store front-end on the product page.
- "Back-ordered text" - provided when the "backordering" is allowed. When a customer places an order for a certain product, but it is not in stock at the current time, you can create a message that a product is out of stock but can be back-ordered.
If you want to link the number of products with stock availability (i.e. the total value of product quantity will combine with the stock quantity), mark the proper checkbox in the edit form.
Please note, that the stock management system was rebuilt at PrestaShop 1.7, so for the newer version this option is not available in Store Manager as well.
The following positions allow to choose quantity formatting method:
The first position links products availability with the warehouse stock.
The second position allows to set product quantity manually.
PrestaShop "Category" tab allows you to assign a PrestaShop product to any main category and to multiple additional categories.
This tab allows you to add or edit short and main descriptions and Meta data of a product. It is associated with the default language of the store.
If you have a multilingual store, you will see tabs for each language separately:
Raw HTML edit mode - allows you to edit raw HTML text, which gives you precise control over the tags used in the page
Edit HTML - allows you to edit descriptions using HTML editor. Click here to find more details about HTML Editor options
"Meta Tags" - keywords or set of words that are used to facilitate search process of desired products by customers. You can add multiple tags to one product by which it can be found.
In "Meta title" and "Meta description" fields you can see the number of characters allowed for these fields. If the characters exceed the limit, you will see the numbers in red.
We recommend not to exceed the permitted number of characters.
Association tab (is available with multi-stores)
This tab helps to assign a product to a proper store. Check the necessary checkbox opposite the store you want the product to associat with:
Take a note, any changes you have performed to selected product will be reflected in all associated stores.
If you have some additional information about product, for instance additional product information, operating manual etc., you can attach it to selected position and the extra information will be displayed on Product Page at your store. To perform this, upload, additional details in Attachments section of Store Manager.
Then assign available attachment(s) to the product by suing "Edit Product" form :
Additional Fields tab
This tab allows managing some extra product fields. You can specify your own values in columns below or leave them without changes.
Do delete a product or several products, select them in the grid, and click the delete icon on the toolbar or [Delete Product] on the context menu.
Here are some related articles on PrestaShop Product Management: