5. Connect via Connector Module
Connector - This is the type of connection that allows working with databases through the module. To begin working with the online store you should install our module (Connector) in your Admin panel (back-end)
- Safe connection - all queries go through the module of the online store.
- Easy installation.
- This type of connection requires powerful server for increasing the speed of request processing.
- You have to perform Get/Post operations in Store Manager to synchrinize data with online store.
To connect to Cloud-based store, use Bridge Connector Module. Check installation instructions of Bridge Connector Module below.
After the module has been installed and configured in the back-end office, you can proceed with the Connection Wizard steps in Store Manager.
Module Uploading and Installation: step-by-steps instruction
For 1.7.x versions of PrestaShop stores
There are two ways to install the bridge file.
The first way includes the following:
- Log into your back-end.
- Go to the Module Catalog section and log into your Marketplace account.
- Find Bridge Connector via the search line.
- Press [Install] and wait till the end of installation.
- The bridge connector is successfully installed in your back-end office.
2. Login to the back-end office at your store. In the Dashboard find the "Improve" sector and open the Modules - > Modules and Services. Press [Upload Module] to start the installation process.
3. Select previously downloaded file from a link package for uploading:
4. You should get the message about its successful installation:
5. Next step is a configuration of Store Manager for PrestaShop Bridge Connector settings details. Then change default credentials for security reason. Click on the [Configure] button (see an illustration above) to open the form:
Do not forget to press [Save] at the bottom to keep your entries.
6. The bridge connector module is successfully installed in your back-office.
See the following presentation with the steps of PrestaShop Store Manager Bridge Connector Module installation for the stores based on 1.7.x versions of PrestaShop.
2. Log in to your Admin Panel and find the "Modules and Services" in the back-end Dashboard. Press [Add a new module]:
3. Choose a file in .zip format, which was previously saved on the computer, and press [Upload this module] button to start the process:
4. The module is downloaded and need to be installed now. To perform this, press the button next to the module's sign:
At the present time the following warning-message appears before proceeding with the module installation:
Press [Continue installing] and proceed with the Prestashop Store Manager Bridge Connector Module installation.
In case you have faced with any difficulties, we will be gladly help you to configure connection with your store from our side. Contact with our support center to get necessary assistance and help.
5. The installation is completed. You will see the Configuration module's page with the default settings data that can be changed (modified) and saved.
The following presentation shows dynamically how to perform the Module installation in the store (s) based on 1.6.x versions of Prestashop:
Connect the store with Store Manager via Bridge Connector module
To be able to connect with your store, also based on Cloud Prestashop platform, adhere to the following actions:
1. Open the Preferences of Store Manager -> Database Connection section.
2. Select "Bridge Connector" from the list and specify your online store address, login and password (use the same settings details, which are specified in the configuration area of Bridge Connector module (see the previous paragraph).
[Test Connection] button helps to verify the correctness of specified settings data and configure connection.
Connection Wizard for Cloud-Based Store
In case you want to configure connection to your Store automatically,-press [Connection Wizard] button.
1. Choose the relevant action to proceed with the configuration:
2. Specify setting details on the next step:
Use Bridge Connector Module's settings credentials to fill the fields and setup connection with your store.
Please note, these data is the same as at your admin access details of module configuration page.
To verify the correctness of the specified settings details, press the [Test Connection] button. You should get the following message:
[Next] button leads to the final step of configuration process.
You can press [Finish] to close the wizard and connect to your store now.
In case you are using the outdated version of the module and its version needs to be updated, take into account some specification on Module Upgrading procedure from the Admin Panel, represented below.
If you press [Upgrade] button within the Bridge Connector position you can see the error message, like in the illustration below:
To be able to continue to use the module with the latest version, we recommend you to follow to this direct link with the up-to-date module installation package, which should be uploaded to your computer.
Then press [Upload a Module] in the upper side of the window to drop or select module archive in the Modules list.
You will get the message about successful module's installation:
Now the module version is updated.