9. Downloadable Products
To be able to use such type of product in the store, make sure you have configured FTP connection!
Make the Product Downloadable
Press button to verify its correctness in Preferences of Store Manager:
Now you can use the downloadable product.
To make an existing item downloadable activate the appropriate tab in the Lower Products Grid.
Check the condition which allows converting the selected product to a virtual - the one, which can be immediately downloaded by the customer from your store's site after paying its cost.
This includes audio books, services and other media files or documents.
If you need to attach a file to the current downloadable product it is possible to perform this after activation the condition below:
It activates the fields which need to be filled, i.e.:
- specify the file path for downloadable product:
By helping with the browser button open the drive system and find the place you need.
- the filename field will be automatically filled based on the filename from the upper field. You can change it on your own as well (see an illustration above).
- set the number of downloads which the customers can use for product uploading
Use the up-and-down arrows to specify the necessary value.
- the period of the expiration - set the date to which the downloads will be acceptable. Please note, if you leave this field blank the appropriate downloadable product will be available without time limitation.
- the number of days - how many days this file can be accessed by the customer. Please note, if you keep this field unchanged (with zero as a default value) you will have unlimited access to the file.
You can set the duration of the downloadable file by using one of these fields - specify the date by using the drop-down calendar or indicate the number of days by using the field below.
Do not forget to press ‘Apply Changes’ in the top toolbar of the form to save your settings:
‘Delete’ button helps to clear the form and remove the record from the downloadable product list. ‘Refresh’ serves for updating the form’s content.
Export Downloadable Products
To be able to export only the products selected on the Products page, use the Context menu where you can find the necessary operation:
The Export Wizard will open the page to file selection. Use the browse option to facilitate the process:
Indicate which field will be taken as an identifier for product accessories on the next step.
Choose the options you want to use for exporting:
- export full category path - check this option to get the expand category path to the exported product. If you leave this field unchecked the categories path will not be exported.
- export parent details - transfer data related to the product variants (combinations) or specific prices etc.
The next step is an important stage of the export process. Do not forget to select ‘Downloadable Files’ tab and check the fields which are required for downloadable product exporting:
- the upper field allows forming and transferring the full URL path of the downloading to the export file;
- the lower field places downloadable file to the specified directory (the default local path will automatically appear in the current field but you can change it by using the browse option nearby (see an illustration above).
The next step - select the fields which need to be exported. Use the grouped data related to the downloadable products which have already formed and placed in the drop-down group list. After selection, the necessary fields will be automatically dropped to the right pane. We recommended choosing the ‘Product fields’ group, in addition, to be able to export data with all parent details correctly.
Move to the next step to continue. The data ready for exporting display in the ‘Preview Export Data’ step. Press ‘Export’ to start the process.
The export is completed once you will see the summary results in the last window:
Import Downloadable Product
Launch the Import Products Wizard by using the top menu of the Store Manager or the upper toolbar in the Products page:
Press the button related to the import products process on the Welcome page.
Upload the file specifying the full path to the data - use the browse button to expand the drive system and find the necessary location.
Or use the checkbox below that opens the form for necessary FTP data or HTTP URL path to a file:
Do not forget on the next step of importing select the tab related to the Downloadable Files settings below. Check the checkbox to allow importing such type of the products.
'Default path' shows the location of the downloadable files. It will be formed automatically or can be changed by helping with the browse button.
The main date and time separators you can check/modify on the next step.
The linking step helps to assign the fields which are exporting with the appropriate columns of a file.
Make sure all necessary positions are assigned before proceed, because only the linked fields will be imported.
Move to the preview step to see the data which are chosen and prepared to transfer:
Indicate which method of import will be considered during the data transferring - only add, add and modify, only modify and just add.
To be able to monitor the import results we recommend to create the file for logs of the importing. The location of such file you can specify in the appropriate field by using the option for browsing.