2.2. Copy, Paste and Clone Products
To copy/paste PrestaShop categories with PrestaShop subcategories or PrestaShop products you can use toolbar menu. Also these operations can be performed with more than one category at once.
To Copy/Paste PrestaShop Product(s) follow few steps below:
- Select one or multiple products in the PrestaShop product grid
2. Copy selected PrestaShop product and go to the category you need. Use [Copy] button to check necessary data you want to copy in the form below:
3. Paste products to create duplicates. When you're pasting a product, you're creating a new one with the new ID number.
Clone PrestaShop Products option is actually like a combination of [Copy] and [Paste] buttons. It copies selected product and places it in the same category with the new ID number at the end of product's name.
This way is easier and faster than copy/paste.
To Copy/Paste category(ies) follow steps below:
- Select one or multiple products in the PrestaShop product grid.
2. Use Clone button to duplicate selected PrestaShop products:
And then indicate the product's data you want to duplicate at your store - check the check-boxes in a list:
It is similar to product details copying. Press [OK] button to fix your choice.
You will see the progressive bar which pop-ups right after clicking [OK]:
Identical product will be added to the Products list once cloning is completed.