3.4. Email Templates
This section serves to create an email template and use it when order changes status. It is located in the top menu of Store Manager in the "Customers & Orders" section:
Using the top toolbar you can do the following:
- Use the [Refresh] button to display the latest actions when changing the connection, for instance.
- [Add template] or create the new one. When you press this button, appears "Email template properties" form, where you should specify a name of the newly created template and its required description.
- [Edit template]; double-click the selected one and the form will appear.
- Clone a template. To do so select necessary one and click the [Clone Template] button on the toolbar.
- Remove the template from the store with the [Delete] button.
- [Preview Template]. This button allows you to check created template before it is sent.
- [Test email] to verify the template's correctness. Press [Show E-mail Settings] to get to the necessary sector in Preferences:
To create a new email template, click the [Add template] button. In the form that appears, specify the name for your template and type description for it.
Click еру [OK] button to save changes or [Cancel] for rejection of the previous action.
Make the content of your template:
- Specify the subject of the email message.
- Text area. You can use one of the defaulted templates to create message content.
- For your convenience, there is a possibility to insert macros from the database of your store in the email text, such as SHOP NAME, SHOP URL, CARRIER NAME, CARRIER URL etc.
- The [Preview] button makes it possible to check the template to correct execution.
- The [Edit as HTML] button opens the editor's window, where you can edit your template in the normal mode or via Code of database fields, that is "Raw HTML Editor".
If required, you can attach images to an email if there are any on your PC. Use the "Attachments" section in the right pane of the window and press [Add] button.
You can add images via HTML Editor. To do so press the [Edit as HTML] button and find the [Select image from local drive] button in the top editor's menu.
Images will be added to attachments section automatically.