1. Connection Wizard
This section helps configuring the connection to your live store and working with your data.
When you open Store Manager for the first time, Connection Wizard launches automatically to help you connect to your live store database and start working with your store.
You can find the Connection Wizard in Preferences (F12) - > Database Connection - > [Connection Wizard]:
Besides, you can open the wizard from the "Tools" tab:
When you run Store Manager for the first time, you have to add a new configuration of the store by pressing [Create New Store Connection]. This allows specifying custom settings for some of the configuration options.
Please, specify your store URL at this step of Connection Wizard.
Verify your URL with the [Test Store URL] button. You should receive the following message:
If your store URL is valid, press [Next] to go to the next step.
On this step, you will need to choose the connection type to connect to your store with the help of Connection Wizard:
Direct Connection to Remote Database
If you choose this type of connection, the wizard will proceed with the next steps.
On this step you shoul fill in the following fields:
- Server address. Usually it is your website name, like "mywebsite.com" (do not include the http://www. prefix); you may use IP address as well.
- Username (login), Password. Specify your FTP username and password. Please make sure that specified user has all privileges and can view, edit or create files in your shopping cart folder.
- Store root directory. This is the catalog that contains the files of your store (shopping cart) that you can find/see via FTP. Click the browse button to select your shopping cart root folder. To make sure that you selected the correct folder, check if there are admin and images folders, as well as all other files and folders of your shopping cart inside.
Click the [Test FTP connection] button and if you receive the message “FTP was connected successfully”, proceed with the connection setup by clicking [Next].
Database Host and Port
On this page you have to specify "Host address" and "Port", then press [Next] to proceed.
Then, you shoud configure database user and password. [Test Database Login] and, if everthing's ok, press [Next] to go to the next step.
On this step you have to select a database. Fill in the name of the database or select one from the available.
Press [Next] to proceed.
After a connection is established, you will see the summary of connection settings. Press [Finish] to close the wizard.
PHP Bridge Connection
If you choose PHP Bridge Connection, the wizard will guide you through the following steps.
The Connection Wizard will ask you to specify your FTP details so that Store Manager can proceed with automatic configuration. Please contact your hosting company if you require assistance with your specific FTP details.
On this step you have to specify the following information:
- "Server address." Usually, this is your website name, such as "mywebsite.com" (do not include the 'http://www.' prefix); you may use your IP address as well (also be sure NOT to preface the IP address with "http://www.").
- "User name (login)", "Password." Specify your FTP username and password. Please make sure that the specified user has all privileges (to your particular store) and can view, edit and create files in your shopping cart folder.
- "Store root directory." This is the relative "root" folder, which contains the data of your store (shopping cart) upon accessing via FTP, or HTTP. To select your shopping cart root folder, click the [browse] button. In most cases, it is ...\public_html or \httpdocs or \www. To make sure that you have selected the correct folder if there are an app, tmp and media folders, as well as the other pertinent files and folders that your shopping cart specifies.
Click on the [Test FTP Connection] button. If you receive the message: “FTP was connected successfully”, please proceed with the connection setup, by pressing [Next].
Click [Next] to proceed.
Bridge Login and Password
In this case, we proceeded with the PHP Bridge Connection. On this step you should specify login and password that will be used in PHP MySQL bridge connection. Press [Next] to continue.
Bridge Configuraton Complete
After you specified login and pessword, check bridge URL and local database name.
Then, click [Test PHP Bridge connection] to verify if this connection works properly. Then press [Next] to proceed.
After a connection is established, you will see the summary of connection settings.
Press the [Finish] button to close the wizard.
Native PrestaShop Module
If you've chosen to connect via native PrestaShop module, the wizard steps will be the following.
PrestaShop Store Manager Connector Settings
Firstly, you shoud specify Magento Store PrestaShop Connector login and password. These data should be the same as you've specified in Admin Panel.
Press [Next] to continue.
On this step you will see the summary of the connection settings.
Press [Finish] to close the wizard.