9. Store Diagnostics. Updated Instruction
There are the following types of Store Diagnostics in the updated version of Store Manager for PrestaShop (starting from 2.41.0Build:1905):
Types of diagnostics are grouped into the following sections:
Diagnostics Types' Sections
- Images (1) related to the images assignment and their displaying at the store.
Missing product images - shows the list of products that have an image record in the database but the corresponding image does not exist on the server.
You can delete records linking to not existing images or export results into a file for the supplier.
Images with no records in database – shows the images which are available on the FTP server but in the database fields there are no records related to them.
You can erase unnecessary images to save space on a server and keep it in order.
Product without any image displays products that do not have any image at your store. You can remove or attach the following items to the relevant media files.
- SEO (2) - relates to the product data; finds and shows the records with non-standard or missing records in such fields.
Missing meta titles or meta descriptions - the searching via Google for the best variants by helping with the specified metadata. Current type of Diagnostics helps to find positions with missing metadata to be able to add them
to the products and improve the search engine capacity at the store.
Meta title or meta description length is out of range - make sure the titles and text in meta fields of description and title are within the limits set. So the content of meta description may contain from 50 to 156 symbols and in
meta-titles - 15-69 characters in accordance. Current Diagnostics type detecting such positions with the possibility of their subsequent corrections.
Note, in the corresponding fields on the left, you can see the indicator of the characters, which can change color from default black to red. The black color of the indicator means the number of characters is within the allowed limits, the red color - out of range and need to be corrected.
Duplicate meta titles and meta descriptions runs to make the information in metadata unique. Such process shows the duplicated variants in meta titles and descriptions. Once it is completed you can change them to avoid duplication.
Opposite each position there are the options for scanning and fixing the results.
The 'Scan and Fix' action can be performed for Images types of Diagnostics, namely for 'Missing product images' and 'Images with no records in database' only!
During diagnostics the 'Scan and Fix' action, if it has been chosen before, is executing automatically. For example, the images, which have not records in the store’s database, will be deleted from the database right after
inspection. You should note, some fields have only the ‘Scan’ position - the diagnosed data should be corrected manually.
Take into account, only checked positions will be scanned.
You will see the summary results in red-colored column once the process is completed:
The chart at the bottom of the left pane displays the summary results of the diagnostics.
Each segment of the chart relates to the appropriate diagnostic’s type. Moving from one colored position to another one you thereby activate a certain type and open its results on the right.
The right side of the section contains the dynamic toolbar which varies depending on the type of store diagnostics, chosen from the drop-down list :
For example, you can preview the results of ‘Missing meta titles or meta descriptions’ diagnostics on the right and make the correction within the current section:
- From the drop-down list above choose the necessary type (1)
- Select the position from the results list which you want to change (2)
- Perform the recommended action (in our case - ‘edit product’) (3) . The Product’s Editor will open over the current window where you can fill the empty fields (4) and press ‘OK’ (5) to save the entries.
In addition, in case the multi-stores management, the results of the Diagnostics can be sorted depending on store view, that is currently selected.
Each type has own recommended actions related to the specific diagnostic process, represented in the top toolbar.
Let’s consider each diagnostic type’s toolbar one-by-one.
Recommended Actions of Each Type of Store Diagnostics
Missing product images
You can perform the following actions:
- ‘replace image’ - - allows replacing an empty record to the correct one. Current option opens the drive system, where you can find the suitable variant and press 'OK' to keep the choice.
Then, the selected position disappears from the diagnostics results page, since it has already assigned illustration and the chart (diagram) will display one fixed position in green below.
- ‘go to product’ - - moves to the Products page of Store Manager namely to the product with the missing image.
- ‘delete broken record’ - - removes selected record (missed illustration) from the store’s database.
Images with no record in database
- ‘open in Browser’ - to be able to see an image at the store it should be openable and acceptable in the web. Use the current option to check this.
- ‘delete image’ - remove non-existing record from the FTP server.
Products without any image
- ‘Go to Product’ - calls the Product Edit form on Products page of Store Manager that does not have any illustration assigned;
- ‘Select Image from Local Disk’ - opens the local drive system from which you can select the necessary record;
- ‘Link available images’ - in case the multi-stores the images assigned to such product within one store will be linked to other store views automatically;
- ‘Manually Link Images’ (1) performs the searching for all images which are assigned to the current product among the other store views and in case presence of variants (combinations) displays the following form (2):
Check the checkbox and click on the ‘OK’ to keep the choice.
Missing meta titles or meta descriptions
- ‘Go to Product’ - you can move to the product on Products list of Store Manager to make the correction;
- ‘Edit’ Product’ allows to fill the empty Metadata without living the Store Diagnostics section. The Product Edit form with the required fields will appear above the current window.
Specify the Meta title and Meta Description and press ‘OK’ button to save the entries.
Meta title or Meta description is out of range
Has the similar option in the toolbar as the previous one.
- ‘Go to Product’ - the option moves to the products page of the program, namely to the position of the selected product for viewing and editing its details;
- ‘Edit Product’ - allows editing the fields with incorrect to the limits data directly without living the current section:
Meta titles duplicates
Performs the searching process for duplicates in the products’ meta titles in all store views. Has the following options in the top toolbar:
- Go to Product’ - shows the product’s position in Products page of Store Manager with all details.
- ‘Edit Product’ - opens the product's Edit form on the Meta Title page, so you can change the products details and fix the inconsistency without living the Store Diagnostics section.
Meta description duplicates
Finds the duplicates in the Products Meta Description fields in all store views.
By using the top toolbar you can perform the following operations:
- ‘Go to Product’ - open the product in Products page of Store Manager with all details.
- ‘Edit Product’ - Such option opens the form for editing of the selected product on the Metadata page. You can make the changes and keep staying in the current section.
HTML Tags in Meta titles and Meta Description
Searches for HTML tags in Metadata of the products and shows the results on the right.
You can perform the following actions by using the top toolbar:
- ‘Go to Product’ displays the selected product on the Products page of Store Manager
- ‘Edit Product’ - make the correction directly - just open the Meta Tags fields in Edit Product form within Store Diagnostics section.
External URLs in Descriptions
Verifies the external links in product descriptions of all store views, their availability and correctness. If the URL paths are not correct and unacceptable in the web, you will see the results in the right and can performed the
following actions by using the top toolbar:
- ‘Go to Product’ - see the product in the products page of Store Manager;
- ‘Edit Product’ - moves to the Description field (1) to make the necessary correction (2) and keep staying in the Store Diagnostics section.
Important, in case the multi stores, the results will be displayed for each store view separately. You can see the column 'Shop ID' in the results table.
So, for example if you have to fix the number of characters in Meta description field (‘Meta title or Meta Description is out of range’ type of Store Diagnostics) you should perform the correction for each store view individually.
Important, in case the multi-lingual store every correction should be done for each language individually!
For example, if the Meta title and Meta Description are missing for English and French languages of the store, the changes need to be done in each tab of the Product Edit form (as you can check in the screenshot below):
The histograms at the bottom of the page makes the possibility to monitor the number of the corrected (fixed) positions for a certain period.
The filter allows selecting the date/time intervals for data display.
Note: an orange part of the histogram shows the issues, the green - the issues which have been solved (fixed).
If you need any assistance or want to get more information about Store Diagnostics section functionality in Store Manager for PrestaShop - contact with our Support Center here and will will gladly help you.