Catalog Price Rules
Catalog Price Rule sector allows to create price promotions and add discounts to the price of your store products. Using the appropriate options, you can specify who will get benefit from specific price rule.
In the creation form which appears after pressing 'Add Price Rule' button you have an opportunity to set the following data:
- name - the catalog price rule name which is public;
- shop - this option is available in case you have at least two stores (multiple stores);
- currency - you can set the catalog price rule to be applied to the customers which use the specific currency for payment;
- group - select the appropriate customer group to which the catalog price rule will be applied;
- country - choose a country of customers residence within the selected group;
- from quantity - specify the minimum number of product units for which this rule will be activated. If you set the value equals, for example, to 3, and one or two products are ordered, the discount will not be applied yet.
The rule to be applied you have to order at least three items of this product. Please note, the field refers to the number of units not the different but the same product.
- reduction type - discount can be expressed in monetary (certain amount of money) or percentage (percentage of the total order value) equivalent;
- value reduction. Depending on the type of reduction can mean either $5 or 5 percent off (i.e.reducing the price of this value);
- specify the validity period of this action by filling the fields "From" and "To"
You can see the Conditions area below - where you can set the appropriate conditions to which the category price rule applies.
Next to the each fields there is the 'Add conditions' option - once you press it in the right - the specified conditions will be applied in the left pane under Condition Group tab.
You can fill these fields simply by clicking on the browse button and choose from the drop-down list the necessary one.
You have an opportunity to set conditions as you need in one condition group.
In order to create new condition group press 'Add new condition group' button and fill it in the same way as a previous.
To delete conditions from the condition group select the conditions you want to erase, and then click on the 'Remove condition' button
If you have an empty condition groups and want to remove them from this area it can be possible by helping with 'Clear empty group' option from the menu
Once your catalog is complete with all conditions and groups you can use the option on the top Catalog Price Rule toolbar which serves for generating specific price for created catalog price rule - it called 'Generate'.
You have to note the following :
- If rule has more than one condition it will be applied to those products which meet all specified conditions;
- If you set two or more condition groups - the catalog price rule is activated to those items which have all conditions from any of the created condition groups.