Cart Rules / Price Rules
Pricing rules is a new feature of Store Manager. These rules are established for one or many customers of the store to interest and allocate them.
Rules built around customers of the store are known as Cart Rules (it is the same as coupons or vouchers).
These rules are represented in the "Administration" tab of Store Manager.
Use toolbar to perform the following operations:
To create new rule for the customer(s) of your store click [Add Rule] button. It calls "Edit Cart-Rule" window where you can specify the necessary information about a newly created rule:
"Information" tab consists of:
- "Code" field where you should enter a special code of the discount manually or press next to this field button to generate random code.
- "Description". Write a description of the special proposal that will be visible only to you.
- Select additional conditions for price rule's creation that are at the bottom of the window.
For example, "Partial use" option only applicable if the voucher (cart rule) value is greater than the cart total. If you do not allow partial use, the voucher (rule) value will be lowered to the total order amount.
If you allow a partial use, a new voucher will be created with the reminder.
You can set the order of processing of available rules (vouchers). For example, if you put 1 in the "Priority" field, the current cart rule will be processed first. The lower the prioruty number, the faster this rule will be applied.
In the "Conditions" tab you need to fill in the data about the application of the cart rule.
Firstly, choose customers, which cart rule will be used to.
Secondly, indicate timing of voucher activity and the minimum number of units which it is applied to.
Thirdly, specify the number of times the rule can be used and the number of customers to which it is applied too.
You have an opportunity to set certain limitations for the newly created rule in "Restrictions" tab.
To do this, you should select required check-boxes. For example, you can set restrictions for some groups of customers: only for "Guests" and "Visitors" groups, or for certain countries ("Country selection" check-box) and so on.
In "Actions" tab you should specify the details of the application pricing rules. If you want to make free shipping for selected customers, select the "Free shipping" check-box.
The "Value" of a discount can be measured in percentage (%).
You can also assign the discount in the "Apply a discount to" drop-down list:
- To order (before shipping)
- For specific products
- Cheapest products to the store
- To selected products.
If you chose to apply discount in a numeric value ("Amount"), you should select the required currency (according to the price of the product currency of your store), tax value and the application of this discount from the drop down list:
- Order (without shipping)
- Specific product.
If you do not want to give a discount, select"None".
In the "Actions" tab you can also give customers a free gift for their order. To do this select the "Send a free gift" check-box at the bottom of the window.
You can use the toolbar to rules that have been already created at your store and perform the following operations:
- Edit the existing ones by clicking the [Edit Rule] button. It calls the form of editing data, where you can change or correct the current voucher's information.
- Remove the rule from the available list by clicking the [Delete Rule] button.
- Save all your rules’ data in excel or HTML use the Export to Excel/HTML drop-down menu.
4. [Refresh] data forces cart rules list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts in the latest data displayed.